CAPTURED BLUE PEARLS NECKLACE
By: Lauren Andersen
Materials For a 16"-18" Necklace:
324 18g 15/64" Silver Plated TR Artistic Wire® Chain Maille Jump Rings
2 18g 9/64" Silver Plated TR Artistic Wire® Chain Maille Jump Ring
90 4mm Pearls
2 6.25mm Beadalon™ Loop Crimps
1 Beadalon™ Silver Plated Lobster Clasp 315B-220
9" Piece of 19 Strand Beadalon™ Bead Stringing Wire .038mm diameter
2 Beadalon™ Loop Crimps 6.25mm Silver Pated
1 Binder Clip or Bead Stopper
* I will be using Gold Plated 19 Strand Beading Wire and Gold Plated Loop Crimps for demonstration purposes only.*
1. Crimp one end of the beading wire with a Loop Crimp. String all 31 pearls onto the beading wire. Place a binder clip or bead stopper right next to the last pearl to hold the pearls in place while you weave your bracelet.
2. Add 1 18g 15/64" closed ring to an open 18g 9/64" ring, add the Loop Crimp, and then 2 closed 18g 15/64" rings, finally add the clasp. Close the ring. Add the rings and Loop Crimp in this order so the Loop Crimp will be in the center. 1 2 PAGE 2
3. Numbering the rings 1, 2, and 3, add rings 1 & 2 to an open 18g 15/64" ring. Close the ring.
4. Add rings 2 and 3 to an open 18g 15/64" ring. Close the ring.
5. Add rings 3 and 1 to an open 18g 15/64" ring. Close the ring. You have just completed the second row.
6. Continue going around the pearls picking up ring 1 and 2, then ring 2 and 3, and finally ring 3 and 1. For a hands-free operation hang the class from a piece of wire.
7. Take the bead stopper off and replace it with the other Loop Crimp. Crimp the Loop Crimp asclose to the pearls as possible.
8. Repeat step 2 with an 18g 9/64" ring.
9. Add an open 18g 15/64" ring to the 18g 9/64" ring. Close the ring. This will be the ring that your clasp clasps into.